Hello again honeybees! I’ve been really into the Valentine’s Day spirit and digging anything pink and heart shaped! I’ve been super depressed lately and my mental health overall is not where I’d like it to be, so this month I’ll be prioritizing some more fluffy reads and books I think will be 5 stars.
My reading goal for the month is three books, which I hope will be possible even with a shorter month. I don’t foresee myself being that busy tbh, so I’ll have time to get plenty of reading in if the vibes are right.
To Be Read
The Hard Sell by Evan Hughes
What could be more romantic than opioids, you ask? I know it’s not the fluffy lighthearted stuff I mentioned in the intro (although, if you offer me something on a bad pain day I just might kiss you) but it is a book I started at the end of January and have been super invested in. A copy was gifted to me by the publisher and it’s such an informative read with writing that makes for an entertaining read, despite it being a nonfiction. I look forward to finishing this soon and sharing my review with you all!
The Charm Offensive by Alison Cochrun
Last year I read and loved a few romance books that were set in Hollywood/ between actors. I picked up this book because of Autumn’s (The Literary Heroine) praise and good review and when I saw the synopsis I knew I had to read it. It sounds right up my alley.
The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
I’m a little intimidated to read this one. It’s been so hyped up now and I’ve heard very mixed reviews for it, along with a trigger warning for non-consensual actions between the MCs. I’m going to be very aware of all criticisms of this book while reading and we’ll see how this goes.
That’s all the books that I can think of to add to my TBR at the moment. If I breeze through this list, I’m going to look into more of Alyssa Cole’s work because I really vibed with her writing style and I’ve heard great things about her romance novels.
Goals for the month
- Read three books
- I know I mentioned this already but I think this is doable! I’m about 25% into Hard Sell already, and since most of the books on my TBR are contemporary they should be faster and easier to read
- Post to my blog four times
- In theory, this isn’t hard. I’ve posted four times in a week before. But if it’s a month like January where I only read one book and had a bad month overall, I’m only going to post my beginning of the month posts, a review of the book I read, and my wrap up. I want to get better about updating this blog because blogging really does have my heart.
- A second part to this is reviewing more books. My goal this year was to review more of the books I read. Now I just need to read the books 🙂
- Go outside more
- I’ve been wanting to go outside more now that the weather is getting warmer but sometimes it’s hard to get out of the house, you know? So I want to make it a goal of mine that even on my days off, I’m going to plan one activity that gets me out of the apartment. Even if that activity is taking out the trash.
That’s how my month is looking so far! Lots of great books await me and I’m excited to get to them. What’s on your February TBR? Do you have any goals or intentions for the month? Let’s talk about them!