Hello again honeybees! Another month done and gone. This wrap up will be pretty short and sweet because I don’t even remember what happened this month oops.
I hope your month was great!!
Roaring by Lindsay Duga
This was so fast and fun! I love a 1920s setting and some urban fantasy, so this was great. I have a full review for this one already posted so I won’t say too much. The link to that post will be below.
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
So cute!! Ugh this made me feel all the feels. Laughing, crying, smiling. I really enjoyed this graphic novel. And the genderqueer rep was just amazing! So nice to see it in a cute graphic novel.
Now I know why I can’t remember my reads. I read both of these within two days so it was a quick reading journey. Otherwise, I didn’t get much completed.
I’m still not posting as consistently as I would like, but I’m hoping to break that habit in September because I have sooo much to say!
Updates and Happenings
- I hit 4.3k on Instagram! Honestly this is just so exciting. I’m hoping to get to 5k by my birthday in November, so every inch toward that is a win. And to think that that many people like my content???? Absolutely insane.
- I was blessed by the ARC gods and book blogger fae. Some amazing people on book Twitter passed on their copies of Cemetery Boys and Each of Us A Desert (thank you Lauren and Dai!!!!). I also got some amazing books from publishers that I am forever grateful for.
- Twitter and book drama f*cked with my mental health. I learned a lot this month. Having the “hot take” on Twitter is overrated. People will talk sh*t about you no matter how nice you are to them. Twitter isn’t the place to escape to for some leisure time, especially if you’re trying to protect your peace and energy. I got incredibly depressed and anxious and I’m still trying to bounce back from the twitter wars and subtweets.
- I started packing and cleaning in anticipation of my move! Ahh I’m so excited! I have a move in date and everything. The last end of the month was full of boxes and downsizing my book and clothing collections.
- I tried out Reels on Instagram! It came out okay, and I wasn’t quite proud of it. Ever since then, I’ve been itching to make another. My reel has over 300 views and I’m pretty surprised people like my silly self, so thank you.
That was August! I feel like it just flew by to be honest. A lot of ups and downs, but mostly just steps towards my goals.
How was your month? Did you read any good books?
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. Please consider following for more posts like this! You can also find me on Instagram, Twitter, and Goodreads, buy me a cup of coffee on ko-fi. Thanks again for reading! Bye for now honeybees.